In life, it’s funny how you remember first meeting some of your friends.I remember how I met Amy Merks. My dad and her mom were friends from high school and worked together for a number of years. Our parents told us that we should hang out, so it was about second grade when we started chatting with each other in Catholic Sunday School. From this moment, we became great friends.
Some things you should know about Amy:
· At the ripe age of about 9, I was a bridesmaid in Amy’s “first” wedding. You see, we were practicing the holy rights of passage and Amy was marrying her 4th grade boyfriend, so Bubba and I served as the wedding party. The next week we jumped in as the god parents to a lovely Cabbage Patch Kid. So, now, 20 years later, it’s only fitting that Amy returns the deed as a member of my bridal party!
· Amy and I enjoy doing "old lady" things together. We tend to write things in poem, we both played slow pitch softball and we excel at bowling. During high school and middle school, we LOVED to play Bingo. And, this one time, at Band Camp (Amy twirled flags), we won a Twist contest.
· One fateful night in high school, I formally introduced Amy to her current husband, Jon (FYI – that makes 4 marriages that I’ve arranged!). While they parted ways for a bit, they rekindled their romance at a party at my house during college...and the rest is history!


· A proud graduate of Penn State, Amy works in the advertising (media buying) industry in New York. Amy and Jon currently live in Hoboken, NJ and both work in the city. Amy is one very awesome tour guide and gives fantastic recommendations for things to do and eat in the city.
Let's get to know Amy a little better...
How did you meet Brandi/Brady?
Brandi and I first met in CCD (Sunday School), but became true friends when our elementary schools merged into the same middle school in 6th grade. I first met Brady at the Tonidale in Pittsburgh and he quickly labeled me “his favorite of all Brandi’s friends” ;)
Editors Note: Amy and I having all the same classes together brought together two gifted minds that created projects such as “The King of the Wind” rap to the “Fresh Prince of Bel Air” theme song.
If you were in a beauty pageant, what category would you excel in and why?
Talent – I twirl a mean flag.

What’s your favorite beverage?
Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Latte
Name your favorite restaurant.
Charrito’s in Hoboken, NJ
Charrito’s in Hoboken, NJ
If there was a movie made about your life, which actress would play the lead role?
Tea Leoni – A tourist in Times Square thought I was her once!
Tea Leoni – A tourist in Times Square thought I was her once!
Editors Note: Amy recently found a conversation of former high school colleagues discussing how she looks like Kim Raver on Facebook!
Rihanna - Umbrella – after all my signature Umbrella routine was established in a Chicago bar while visiting Brandi and Brady! (see an action shot of this dance to the right)
If you could be on one reality show, what would it be and why?
MTV Real World/Road Rules Challenge! I am obsessed and like to discuss my personal strategies of how I would handle every challenge in annoying detail.
Who do you think will fall off the boat?
Possibly Steve
What was the first concert you attended?
“No Doubt” at Star Lake
Name three things you always have in your refrigerator.
Vitamin water, Diet Coke and hummus
If you were going to try out for American Idol, what song would you sing?
It doesn’t matter, I wouldn’t get past the first note before Simon gave me the ax – I’m that bad.



No comments:
Post a Comment