You may look at his and roll your eyes, BUT before you do, we’ve got a little story for you about our tree. While we are celebrating our first Christmas as a married couple, this tree is celebrating its 48th Christmas.
When the Bonkowski’s told us that they had an extra tree stored away, we were expecting the one that I (Brandi) used to decorate my college house (408 Forest). However, on tree-getting day, we discovered that a key piece of that tree was missing. But something else was still living in the Bonkowski house…

THIS GUY!
THIS GUY!
You see, this tree was Mr. Bonkowski’s parents’ first artificial tree from 1962. This tree was a pretty big deal back then. And for the year’s following, because all the siblings had to sit around and watch Nun (aka Brandi’s grandma) decorate the tree. If you know her, that’s her style. The kid’s watch her decorate the tree and dye the Easter eggs lol.
After a good run at Nun’s house, the tree was transported many, many miles to the Bonkowski house (I kid, we lived 1 house away on the same street). The tree it had about a 10 year-run as the Bonkowski family tree – then was stored away for about another 10.
After piecing the tree together, Brady and I decided that we would give this old tree a run as our first tree. AND, if you know me (Brandi) well, this is a birth of a new story right here! “Our first tree was 48-years-old…”
Our tree had some visitors this weekend, so it was only natural that I made them pose in front of our bright masterpiece! (No, I did not style them for this shot).
Here’s to many more trees and many more Christmases!
No comments:
Post a Comment